One of the most eclectic talents in comics, Ohio State alumnus Paul Pope will speak at the Wexner Center Film/Video Theater at 7:00 p.m. A book signing will follow the presentation. In addition to creating comics, Pope has branched out into the world of fashion, designing silk-screen prints and window displays for Diesel and his own line of clothes for DKNY Jeans. Pope will offer insightful comments about his artwork and an overview of his remarkable career, which includes the sci-fi book THB, Heavy Liquid, and Batman: Year 100. The event is co-sponsored by the Wexner Center for the Arts and the Cartoon Research Library in conjunction with the exhibition, Jeff Smith: Bone and Beyond. Contact: (614) 292-3535.
- Robyn Warhol-Down: “Not Quite Not-There: Dickens’s Narrative Refusals” (11/18)
- Nicholas Dames: “The Chapter: or, A History of Segmented Life” (11/13)
- “The Rhetoric of Comics”: Karin Kukkonen (11/10)
- “Why the Humanities Matter” featuring Jonathan Gottschall (11/5)
- James Peterson on Rap Narratives, 10/2-10/3